BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

27.10.08

Have you ever...............

Have you ever had just one of those days where you wish you could get away from it all....
Mine normally start with the morning battle of getting the apple of my left eye up for work.... hehe i've even stood at her door when she thinks i'm in my room, what a picture said apple of eye still well wrapped in her covers shouting yes mum i'm just getting dressed....

I had one of those days where everything just didnt go right.... So I randomly booked a flight to france to meet online friends with my bestest girlfriend.. Ohhhh what an experience 2 slightly younger than middle age (we like to think so) women going on a road trip (with a very small budget)....
The mission was to land in france and with just an address we were to find a way to travel to our friends rural retreat.... Umm might of helped if we spoke french!!
It was so hilarious, me trying to look helpless and doe eyed dressed like a catwalk reject including bright green winnie the pooh boxer boots, next to my ultra classy friend who was fabulously co-ordinated and even pay'd extra on the flight to make sure her make up and matching wardrobe could come with us (totally impressed with what she could pack in her case...) So mobiles switched of we battled onwards.

Oh the freedom of just being able to do what you like with just temporary zilch responsibility (and a bottle of vodka) is sooo much fun.. Fancy not telling me because alcohol is cheaper does not mean it is not as strong...arghhh i'm never drinking again till the next time lol.
We had a very enlightening experience with lots of fun thrown in, try belly dancing at 3am in a haunted house ever so slightly tipsy (drunk) I can highly recommend it... But we dont recommend trying to speak to the french cows which wanted to sleep they dont like it.... (we tried to teach them english) The morning after I was so reminded why I very rarely ever drink.

We were made some great food and visited a fantastic little french restaurant which we are considering buying, we need to seriously look at the books though for such a major decision..

The whole trip was about challenge and our motto was.. were grown up we can do what we want... We have both waited so long to be able to do something like this on the spur of the moment .. Both us have been single working mums for as long as we remember and normally it takes logistical planning to do anything... Till now, my two are both working and my friends daughter has settled in uni, and we both have boyfriends to look after the pets...

Next step Morroco.......

2 comments:

Pam Hawk said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun!

I haven't gone on a girlfriends' trip out of town since... well... ummmmm...

Hm.

This is terrible. I think it was about 17 years ago when we left Minneapolis at 10pm and tried to drive all the way up to Canada. Half way into the trip, we detoured and ended up at my mom's house in Wisconsin, just in time for breakfast. (If you look at a map you'll see it was a BIG detour.)

I am officially envious. You have inspired me to get the heck out of town for a few days.

FairyAlchemy said...

Do it Pam....... you'll have fun if not you'll have experiences....x